Thursday, July 9, 2009

Top Tunes

I didn't do a weekly 5 last week because I was too busy petting baby goats at the Alameda County Fair.



So to make up for it, this week I'm posting the 5 most awesomest, summeriest tunes I can find. For your summer!

1. Dr. Buzzard's Original Savannah Band - Sunshower.

This song is a little cheesy, I admit. Also it sounds like there might be some Jesus-centric lyrics in there, but this song still fills me with such awesome sunshine vibes. Bonus: Dr. B's OSB became one of my fave bands ever, KID CREOLE AND THE COCONUTS! Yeah, I know...their disco-meets-40's-Havana-Nightclub schtick is really corny but have you heard "Off The Coast of Me?" Have you seen their awesome performance in Downtown '81? If not, my friend...you are in for a treat.



2. The Chills - Kaleidoscope World

This song sounds like the state fair to me, and if you know me at all you know that to me, California State Fair time is the best time of the summer. BIG FUN!



3. The Necessaries - More Real

I've been obsessed with this song ever since I heard it on Musicophilia's mind-blowingly awesome 1981 collection. I couldn't find it on Youtube, so you'll have to settle for listening to it on my Tumblr page.

CLICK HERE!!!

4. The Clean - Tally Ho!

Duh! This is the official song of my summer, every summer.



5. The Undertones - Here Comes The Summer

Feargal Sharkey = Ugliest Frontman EVER!!! This song rules though.



Ok so it's almost weekend time for me, since I have Fridays off now. So stoked for it! Maya and I are cooking up some awesome lakeswimming plans. Can't wait, especially because I realized the other day that I haven't left San Francisco since I went to NYC 2 months ago. It's time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wash your hands after handling that goat!