After spending a day hiking around Bass Lake and driving around Bolinas, it was pretty hard to work up the motivation to go out last night, but for some reason intuition told me that going to the Soul Clap 60s soul night/dance competition at the Elbo Room would be a stellar idea. Well um, I'm glad that I did because Colin convinced me that we should both enter the dance competition because a lot of the contestants were shaping up to be pretty chumpy and uh well...I won! The competition was judged by a bunch of local writers/dj's and semi-celebs, including Jello Biafra. Jello rallied for me, saying that I was hot (yessss) and had the best moves. YES! Sorry to brag but I am feeling a little awesome today. And $100 richer.
Chris Brennan pointed me to
this article in the Bay Guardian. I'm number 26, obvs. I like how I'm totally rolling my eyes at the runner-up on page one of the article. Ha.
1 comment:
I am so proud.
Post a Comment