WHAT HAPPENED TO SUMMER??!?! Seriously last weekend I was riding my bicycle carefree through Golden Gate Park in a short-sleeved dress, and today I'm wearing a fucking sweater and a scarf? What kind of cruel joke is this? Am I going to be planted inside in front of the space heater this weekend or for the love of god can I please get some sun time in? Am I gonna have go back to Stockton?
Anyway, my five songs this week are songs from my "Singalong" playlist on my iPod. Yes, I'm a giant nerd and I sing in the shower, and I made a special playlist of songs that I know all the words to just so I can sing along really loud and make my roommates feel embarassed for me. But did you know that I'm a singer? You probably did, right? Did you know that Bertie Pearson and I are in a band called Wine Club and that we're going to start playing shows soon? See? I need to practice, ok? I need to keep my pipes nice and strong so I can belt my shit out proper.
Anyway, here are five of the songs you'd hear me give my all to if you were in my house during shower time.
1. Espers - Dead Queen (Black is the Color is actually my song of choice, but it's nowhere to be found on Youtube.)
2. The Finches - Step Outside
3. Alton Ellis - Why Birds Follow Spring
4. Dolly Mixture - Never Let It Go
5. Francoise Hardy - La Maison Ou J'ai Grandi (I kinda know the words in French...?)
Friday, July 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
summer is in the heart, girl. thats why we live in sf. lets show them tonight. but its supposed to be sunny and warm anywhere outside of sf. daytrip?
i'm glad that at least one of my friends sings along to espers in the shower.
Post a Comment