Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tijuana Cinco

I AM BLOGGING INTERNATIONALLY!!!!!!!11!1

For the next nine days, I'll be calling the front room of Jason Fritz's two bedroom apartment in the La Cacho neighborhood of Tijuana home. I just arrived here three hours ago via trolley from the San Diego Airport. I'm still a little dazed from only sleeping one hour last night after Kasey Capp's stellar going away party at The Mint, so sorry if this post seems a little off. (Apologies to anyone who had to witness my lackluster performances of Dreams and Time After Time).

Not sure what's on the agenda today...I think when Jason wakes up from his nap we're going to go wander around and check out some of downtown and do a little shopping. Must remember to get sunscreen while I'm down there. I don't want to add to the sunburn I've already got from a week spent sunning myself in Dolores Park and at Bass Lake. Have I mentioned that funemployment rules? Oh, only about 188958943 times? Ok.

Anyway, here are five tunes I'll be getting all hella breezy and vacationy to in the next few days. Listen to these yourself, close your eyes, and pretend you're down here with me on the beach. mmmmyyesssssssssss....

1. Phyllis Dillon - Perfidia

(sorry the sound quality is so bad)



2. Jorge Ben - Menina Mulher de Pela Preta

(for ben)




3. The Records - Starry Eyes



4. Can - Moonshake



5. Emmit Rhodes - Fresh As A Daisy

(for jessica and rion)

No comments: