Friday, February 5, 2010

Cringe List, Part Two

Party Like A Rockstar (thanks Matthew Davis for reminding me. Jerk.)

Using the words "decadent" or "sinful" to describe food. ie, brownies so rich and decadent you'd never know they're Weight Watchers!!!!!!!!!

DEBAUCHERY. This one kills me. There was a club here in SF a few years ago whose tagline was DANCEFLOOR DEBAUCHERY. I'm sorry, but getting wasted, doing a bunch of coke in a bathroom stall and making out with a stranger does not make you fucking Caligula.

Ending a sentence with ",yo."

Tweet. I know I'm gonna get shit for this one, but it just sounds stupid and I still can't bring myself to say it. I will continue to sound out of touch and continue to use "twitter" as a verb. Twitter that!

Using the word "sexy" to describe inanimate objects, i.e. a "sexy car" or "sexy building." Creepy. (Sexy robots are ok though.)



"Spinning" in a dj sense. When people ask me what kind of music I "spin," it makes me cringe. Other "beatmasters" I've talked to have echoed this sentiment. Maybe you can use this word if you're "spinning" deep house or some shit, but don't try to apply it to my fruity indiepop records. It just makes me feel embarrassed.

Overuse of FAIL, WIN or FTW.

"W00t!"

More to come, probably. I'm grumpy today, dudes. SRY.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

moist.

melaniebee said...

Oh wait...I just realized robots are "animate objects." whatevs

Anonymous said...

Wanna Get HIGH? Running out of Supply? Then Check Out My Shit!
>>>>> http://bestlegalhighsdrugs.info <<<<
If you have questions, you can email my boy at online.mentor [at] gmail.com


[size=1] IGNORE THIS----------------------------
slavia divunorum saalvia diginorum [url=http://bestlegalhighsdrugs.info] legal herbal highs [/url] vufo alvariud meth recipe [url=http://buybudshoplegalherbs.info] smoking legal herbs[/url] snow hill station ecstassy ills [url=HTTP://BUYINGMARIJUANASALE.INFO] Buy Ganja [/url] bufo alvariuus Stimulants [url=HTTP://BUYLEGALBUDSCOMREVIEWS.INFO] best legal buds [/url] smanita musacria amaniat muscaris [url=HTTP://CANNABISHIGH-PILLSHIGH.INFO] High Quality Marihuana[/url] amabita muuscaria ecstassy pulls [url=HTTP://HOWTOBUYWEED-BUYINGWEED.INFO] how to bargain cannabis[/url] amanita muscaria red salcia divinirum [url=http://legalbud.drugreviews.info] legal bud [/url]

salviaa divinoruk amanitta muscaeia [url=http://legalweed.lamodalatina.com] legal weeds [/url] how long does salvia stay in your body dalvia divinoru [url=http://buysalvia.lamodalatina.com] order salvia plants[/url] amaanita mmuscaria amamita muscraia

magicmushrooms lehal bbuds [url=http://legalweed.lamodalatina.com] legalweeds [/url] ammanita mucsaria amaanita mjscaria [url=http://buysalviacheap.com] purchase salvia extract[/url] sakvia divinnorum thailand mushrooms
[url=http://guaranteedheightincrease.info/]height enhancement[/url] - http://guaranteedheightincrease.info/

[url=http://provenpenisenlargement.info/]proven penis lengthening[/url] - http://provenpenisenlargement.info/

[url=http://provenskincareadvice.info/]skin care advice[/url] - http://provenskincareadvice.info/

[url=http://getrichgambling.info/]get rich gambling[/url] - http://getrichgambling.info/

[url=http://herpesoutbreak-gentalwarts.info/]herpes outbreaks[/url] - http://herpesoutbreak-gentalwarts.info/

[url=http://STOP-PREMATURE-EJACULATION-SOLUTIONS.INFO]cure premature ejaculation[/url] - http://STOP-PREMATURE-EJACULATION-SOLUTIONS.INFO

[url=http://3GMOBILEPHONESFORSALE.INFO]3g mobile cell phone on sale[/url] - http://3GMOBILEPHONESFORSALE.INFO

[url=http://internationaloddities.reviewsdiscountsonline.com] internationaloddities review[/url]

[url=http://drobuds.reviewsdiscountsonline.com]dro buds review [/url]

[url=http://bestacnetreatmentreviews.info] acne treatment review[/url] http://bestacnetreatmentreviews.info

[url=HTTP://LEARN-HYPNOSIS-ONLINE.INFO]learn hypnotism online[/url]